Sunday, March 7, 2010

More silk screened fabric

pen case in progress

Thank you for your lovely, sweet comments that keep
me smiling. I always LOVE to hear from you!

This past week was a little busy for me so I wasn't
as productive at crafting as I wish I had been,
but I do have some things to share ;)

The photo above is a custom pencil pouch in progress.
Making these are just so much fun. I definitely have
to make one for myself!

pincushion for custom order

And here is another poodle pincushion for a custom order.
Tired of seeing these pincushions here? I hope you are not,
because I will keep making these! I even bought a plastic
container to store fabric strips that are cut into the size
perfect for this project. And the container is now getting
full of fun fabric strips. If you want one of these, please
feel free to e-mail me. I would be more than flattered!

silk screened fabric

I can't help producing these sheets of silk-screened
fabric. I want to remove this stencil and replace it
with a new one with a new design, but I just need
so many of these for my patchwork projects that I
have been printing the same design.

silk screened fabric

Not so many comes out successful. I'm getting better at it,
so the probability of success is getting higher but
I still have several sheets of fabric that aren't
good enough to be listed in my shop at every printing session.
And those are
for me. Ones that turned out nice go to my shop in
case any of you are on the lookout for fabric with writing.

As usual, I would love to include a little gift
if you told me that you came from here when you
snatched anything from my shop ;)

Have a great day!




subscribe

22 comments:

  1. I love your blog, I wondered if you would do a post on your screen printing equipment? Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't control my willpower any longer. I am off to Etsy as I must have some of your fabulous screened fabric! Hope wedding plans are coming along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already ordered some of your text fabric when I noticed the photos you posted on Flickr earlier today. :-) I love how it looks in your charming little projects and couldn't resist any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I visit your blog my imagination kicks in and I come away with some thoughts of a new project. I will pop in and visit your shop. Always happy to go shopping! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayumi, I just purchased 1 pack, but I missed so many of delicious colors! Oh please make more pink ones, I just need to have one! Love, love, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rings are so lovely, even more so because of their history. Being creative must be easy with so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to hear more about screen printing . . . I've never done it and it would be fun to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I like all the new colors.. and no, I will never get tired of your pretty little pincushions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome. i wish you will show us how the silk-screened process work. do you use special machine to make it?

    everytine i look at your fabric with writing, i wish it would be in korean fonts and words as i'm learning korean language now.

    do you accept custom made for silk-screen fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ayumi, congratz on your engagement!! So sorry for such a belated congratz. >_< Those rings are soo precious and gorgeous! Happy wedding planning! I am also planning for my little wedding party slowly. :)

    Your fabrics are gorgeous! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much everyone!!!

    As for the silk-screening method, I would love to share the materials I have been using but I am not sure if I can explain better than this book does. This book taught me everything I need to know and there are still a lot of things I've never tried yet, so you might want to grab a copy of the book to learn thoroughly about silk screening. It's an absolutely amazing one!

    Zura-
    I will definitely print more pink ones! Thanks for the idea!

    littlenailofar-
    I would be happy to create a custom listing for silk-screened fabrics, but currently I have only one design, which is just English writing. I find Korean language to be pretty too! I will let you know if I find fabric with Korean writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blog! I definitely are going to try a few things mentioned under 'tutorials'.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!

    I just bought your last item on your etsyshop! I would love to buy the bright colors like pink and green in the future, this time I was to late. aahhhh so sad.....

    I'm a big fan off your blog and the fabrics, my compliments! Can't wait to make one of your tutorials with the new fabric.

    Greetz from the netherlands!

    Fiony

    (sorry for my terrible english, I never have to use it here)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog and am loving it! LOVE love love the beautiful pincushions and all the beautiful fabric. I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog from the creative place blog and your stuff is very cool. I love the fact that your quilting projects do not look gramma-ish. It has a modern flair to it. Hope you put more things in your etsy. Thanks for the tutorials. Love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooola! tu blog es lindísimo!!! me encantan tus tutoriales!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I look forward to more fabric in your etsy shop, I wasn't quick enough to purchase any this time!! Do you think you will ever sell your patterns there, I would love to buy a copy of your luch bag pattern? Thanks!
    PS I love your rings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much everyone!!

    MerryWA-
    Thank you for remembering the lunch bag pattern! My boyfriend's been using it almost everyday to bring his lunch! I am thinking about making some patterns for sale but I am not sure about that particular lunch bag. If I make a pattern for it, I will definitely let you know ;) Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ayumi,

    I just discovered your blog and am loving it! I've already made the fabric basket from your tutorial (lovely clear instructions!) and will certainly be back to keep reading!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I missed your silk screened fabric. Hope you have more soon - it is soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ayumi! I just blogged about these babies and snapped 2 more packs from the shop. Love them! Thanks Ayumi! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!